We constantly look for applicants with strong analytical background as PhD students. We expect the applicants to know analysis of algorithms and computer architecture. Familiarity with parallel computing and platforms such as FPGA/GPU is a big plus. Several current projects are described in Research Projects. Each research assistant will receive a competitive stipend plus paid tuition.
Applicants can apply to either the Computer Science department or to the Computer Engineering program within the Electrical Engineering department.
1. The USC
graduate online application webpage is available at the following websites: http://www.usc.edu/admission/graduate/applyonline/.
Some more information can be found at https://www.cs.usc.edu/admission/phd-application-information and http://ee.usc.edu/admission/graduate/grad_apply/.
2. If you are a new applicant, register an account at the application webpage.
3. Sign in with the PIN and password and click on "application for admission".
4. Read the instructions on the webpage carefully and fill the online application form. You must provide the following information:
(1) Biographical and contact information
(2) Application information
(3) Academic and language background
(4) Additional information and comments
(5) International applicant information, if applicable
In application information, select Engineering as the target school and Computer Engineering or Computer Science as your intended program.
In additional information and comments, please mention that you want to work with Prof. Viktor Prasanna.
email Professor Prasanna (firstname.lastname@example.org)
with following documents:
(2) Undergraduate transcript (even for applicants with a graduate degree)
(3) Short description of mathematical expertise
6. If you have questions about USC application process, please e-mail the USC Graduate Admissions Office, or contact them via telephone at (213) 740-1111.